Posted on January 5th, 2016
The preliminary exam of IBPS is scheduled as a one hour test where questions from only three sections are asked.
• Quantitative Aptitude 30%
• Reasoning 35%
• English 35%
The candidates who successfully clear the prelims are called for the main examination.
The schedule and dates of the preliminary exams with the syllabus is described in the following sections.
DURATION of PRELIMS: 1 hour.
Syllabus for Preliminary and Main exams:
1. QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
• Questions for finding average speed and averages of numbers.
• Number System Approximation
• Decimal Fractions
• H.C.F. & L.C.M.
• Number series
• Number based problems
• Square and cube roots
• Question on relative Ages
• Ratio and proportions
• Profit and Loss
• Questions on profit, loss, gain and loss percentages
• Simple interest and Compound interest
• Time & Work
• Time and distance,
• Permutation and Combinations Problems
Pie charts, Bar graphs, Line graphs, Mixed graphs
• Assertion and reasoning Assertion
• Figure series, Series
• Word formation
• Blood relations
• Coding and Decoding
• Decision making, input output Number
• Number ranking and time sequence,
• Cause and effects,
• Puzzle Questions on solving puzzles
• Statement and assumptions
• Statement and arguments,
• Passage and conclusions
• Verbal reasoning
• Alphabet Test, operations sets, series test, odd man out, classification
• Test Clauses
• Idioms and proverbs
• Appropriate fillers
• Synonyms and Antonyms
• Double and single fill in the blanks
• Phrase substitution, ordering of sentences, jumbled sentences
• Reconstruction of passages, sentences, one word substitution, misspelled words, comprehensions.
• Spotting errors - Finding errors in sentences or figures
IBPS MAIN EXAMS: The main exams for PO/Management trainee and CLERK are conducted during October and January respectively.
Syllabus (in addition to syllabus of prelims) is as following:
4. GENERAL AWARENESS
• Abbreviation - Full form of Banking terms
• Banking Terms - Bank rate, Repo rate, Reverse repo rate
• Currency & Capitals Important details about currencies and capitals
• Current Affairs General news and affairs of the banking industry
• Indian Economy, International Economy,
• Information related to Financial Institutions like IMF, UN, World Bank
• Government schemes MGNREGA,SWABHIMAN, SWAWLAMBAN, BHARAT NIRMAN Banks RBI,
• Types of banks, GDP, Fiscal-Monetary policies, Social functions, Marketing trends,
• Awards & Honor,
5. Computer Knowledge
• Basics of Computers
• MS Office, abbreviations, Internet, Hardware, Networking
• Questions on database knowledge
• History of computers
• History of Operating Systems, Questions related to operating systems
• Basic questions on software and hardware
Distribution for mains is as follows
Computer Knowledge 10%
General Awareness 20%
|Thought For The Day|
|General Awareness Topic Of The Day|
|English For Bank Exams|
|Information About Bank Exams|
|IBPS Exam Guide|
|Important notification from IBPS...
|"It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?"
Henry David Thoreau...
|Make sure that you are aware of changes brought about in IBPS Exam from 2015 onwards...
|Are you ready for the Bank PO exam. Do you have all the strategies, tricks in place to crack this exam. ...
|We all have laughed at jokes on mistakes made in English. But are we sure that what we speak is right. Let us see at som...
© 2015 CompetitionGurus. All Rights Reserved.