Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts various exam such as PO Exam , Clerk Exam , RRB Exam & SO Exam every year for many posts in participating banks and Institutions. Large number of aspirants apply for IBPS exam online but few of them get success here you find best way to prepare for ibps exam , IBPS Preparation Material & tips to crack ibps exam in easy steps.
What is IBPS Exam
Most of participants not aware about the IBPS Exam they only ask question How can i prepare for ibps exam? before having knowledge about it you should firstly know about IBPS Recruitment Exam that what is it then go for preparations. and IBPS preparation tips. here i clear your all doubts about this online banking exam IBPS.
IBPS Exam includes two levels Common Written Exam CWE & Interview. Successful participants in CWE will eligible for Interview. From 2015 IBPS Clerk & PO exam have Preliminary and Mains exam. Those candidates qualify in Pre exam they will be eligible for mains exam and then Interview. see table
|IBPS PO Exam
|IBPS Clerk Exam
|IBPS RRB Exam
|IBPS SO Exam
Common Written Exam (CWE):-
- Total Marks :- 200
- Time Duration :- 2 to 2.30 Hours according to exam
- Subjects :- Reasoning , General Awareness , English/ Hindi Language , Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability/ Data Interpretation , Computer Knowledge , Professional Knowledge.
All Subjects have equal weightage in exam so you should focus on every subject. And Negative marking also take effect on your overall score calculation for every wrong answer you charged by 0.25 mark.
Those candidates who qualify in CWE they are called for interview exam conducted by IBPS Department at various centers. and then finally you get provisional letter.
What to prepare for IBPS Exam ?
Aspirants should focus on that what is IBPS Exam Syllabus topics and subjects. mainly here i talking about the major ibps exam topics which all have equal importance in exam. and also discuss about tips to prepare for IBPS Exam OR IBPS preparation tips.
Reasoning :- How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS Exam ?
This subject plays a major role in any of online bank exam preparation. How to Prepare for reasoning for IBPS ? Reasoning is also a scoring subject you can easily score good marks in it to push your overall score to high. Most of questions in this part are comprehensive type. this part also less time consuming if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration. mostly one para given and 5 question related to that. You should make reasoning a killer part of your preparation of IBPS Exam.
Reasoning topics to focus :- Making series / analogy, Number Series Questions, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Passage and conclusions type questions, Comprehension Reasoning etc.
General Awareness (GK) :- How to Prepare General knowledge for IBPS Exam ?
General Knowledge is a basic part of any of banking exam. If you are aware about daily events and activities in India with daily newspaper habit seriously you can easily cover most of the part of general knowledge. you can easily score well in this part of exam.
GK Paper covers most of the part with current affairs so focus on it seriously specially related to Banking & Finance Sector. In IBPS exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs. Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector. You should start reading daily newspapers and magazines for boost your general knowledge.
GK topics to focus :- Current Affairs of last 6 months , Economy , Marketing , Awards & Honors Sports , Finance , Agriculture , History of Banking , Banking Terms , RBI Functions, Fiscal Monetary Policies etc.
English/ Hindi Language :- How to prepare English for IBPS Exam?
English / Hindi are also scoring subjects in IBPS Exam. you can choose one of them as per your background stream. Examiner want to check your english knowledge that how you perform in this subject because english is a global language you must perfect in basic knowledge about it. but not all participants take advantage of this part because their basics of this subject is not clear at ground level so they always afraid from this englsih subject and score less in this part. So for solution better you choose hindi OR prepare well for english.
Those participants who have good command on english subject they score well then others because english is a major part of any of exam not even in banking industry.
English topics to focus :- Fill in the Blanks , Comprehension Passage , phrases and idioms , Spotting Error Questions , Preposition , Sentence Improvement etc.
Quantitative Aptitude :- How to prepare Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS Exam ?
This part takes lots of time to solve the problems because calculations take more time. Data interpretation is major part of this subject it contains upto 15 questions from it. So you should have good knowledge about Tabulation, Pie chart, Line chart, line graph and Bar graph etc. students needs to focus more different questions not for a single. you must save your time for other sections because this subject consume your most of time in calculation.
Aptitude topics to focus :- Data Interpretation , Sequence & Series , Number System , Quadratic Equations , Sequence & Series , Ratio , Proportion Percentage & Averages , Simplification etc.
Computer Knowledge:- How to prepare Computer awareness for IBPS Exam ?
Computer knowledge is a additional subject for IBPS Exam. It also contains equal marks like others so don’t take it either. Here examiner want to test your computer skills and basic knowledge about computer. so you should be aware of all about computer here. you score easily more from this subject because syllabus criteria is not so vast and questions are not more time consuming.
Computer topics to focus :- Basic of Computers , Basic internet knowledge and protocols , Network basics (LAN & WAN) , Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Computer Shortcuts etc.
Tips to crack IBPS Exam
IBPS Bank Exam Tips – you should follow these given tips and tricks for IBPS exam to easily prepare for bank exams online. and by help of these tricks you can also easily prepare for ibps exam at home.
- Proper planning :- First of all you should have make a plan for your studies . better understand about your IBPS exam syllabus and find that in which weak section you must pay more attention and then prepare a study schedule. and IBPS preparation tips.
- Update yourself :- You should read news paper , magazines regularly and also update with current affairs ,daily events and activities. Specially from banking and finance industry. this is the master key to prepare for ibps exam online.
- Study Topic wise :- Students needs to concentrate on a single topic at a time do not just turn one to another pay serious attention on each and every topic. practice more questions on very topic.
- Make GK a weapon :- General Knowledge is one of the best marks gaining subject in all over banking exams. you should command on it by daily newspaper reading habit , Try some latest GK books and magazines which also clear your doubt about current affairs. focus majorly on these topics :- Current events , banking awareness , sports , business news , political news and film & television etc.
- Proper Time management :- You should practice more and more to be able to solve all questions in proper timing. Most of students ask this question that How much time is required to prepare for IBPS Exam ? Answer is as you manage. Practice as much as you can don’t waste time in just thinking about exam. Solve previous year questions and more practice can easily save your time in ibps exam.
- Trial with Mock test :- You must try yourself with online mock test. With properly complete your IBPS Exam Syllabus you should try some mock tests to judge yourself in exam with proper time duration. Solve as much mock test as you can to have proper idea of exam.
- Revision :- Revise all your syllabus topics before few days once again and focus more on weak topics that time.
- Perform Like a Hero :- While enter in examination hall you should perform like a hero do not hesitate about anything. take section first on which you have command and less time taking then go for time consuming part.
- Proper Diet & Tension free :- This is the last minute tips for IBPS Exam. Students needs to be calm while preparation time. Take you personal love , friendship and family problems away from your mind for few days. feel free and only target one thing. Avoid junk food it turns you more lazy , drink lots of water and get enough sleep.
these are some of the best IBPS exam preparation tips which increase your chances to qualify in any of banking sector exam.